Managed to make some time this evening and continue working on the GUO, it is always nice to work on something consecutively when you are enthusiastic. The focal point of today's session was the intestines and right arm wound that creates a symbol of Nurgle, I went for a traditional pink look to the intestines, but washed down the entire process with a reddy brown wash, I think this worked well as to go from drab colours to a striking pink would look out of sorts - an issue that I have been struggling with for the entire project.
With the symbol of Nurgle, I decided to add subtle washes of blue and purple to give a swollen effect. I am happy with the outcome and look to use the same method on the hernia on it's back. I think it stands out nicely and still ties in with the rest of the colours used on this figure. An issue I need to address is the colour of both the horn and nails, since the model already has a lot of warm colours, I need to avoid using bleached bone. I think the only option I can take with this is grey with some washes...I will have to experiment.
I also cleaned and fitted both the tongue and sword arm, in preparation for painting and after a bit of hot water and some bending, both pieces now slot into place without any issue. I think all remaining pieces should be glued into place very soon, which will be great as I am really looking forward to seeing the model fully built and at a stage of being mostly painted.
Need to pop to the shop some time next week and pick up some Uhu...
Thanks for reading,
The 14th legion