Thursday, 20 May 2010

Painting Update: Blight Drone

This last week I have finally put down the sculpting tool and picked up the paintbrush. On the agenda was adding some paint to the lovely trio of Forge World Blight Drones I picked up last month at Salute. Now unfortunately one of them fell from my shelf and shattered, resulting in the need to purchase a replacement: no matter as I decided to throw the Nurgle Plague Ogryns on the order as a little bonus. With this in mind I decided that now was as good a time as any to start painting them...incase any more decided to take a flying lesson.



Last month I had invested a lot of time into creating heavily detailed details and this was my undoing as I found great difficulty in holding the figure due to it's weight and also getting to certain parts of the figure without having to spend time correcting overspills. Despite this "Drone 1" is 90% complete with just two more stages of weathering to go and of course the base.


I am happy with the colour palette, opting for a sickly skin tone to offset the drab green. The rust effect in my opinion does nicely to break the colours up. 


I am hoping to have this figure finished by the end of the week so that I can begin work on Death Guard squad 1 using techniques picked up painting Drone 1. It has been a very enhancing experience working with pigments and white undercoats again and I hope to see improvement in my painting style as I continue this paint routine.

Thanks for reading
DiStudios
14th Legion

No comments:

Post a Comment